Sunrise JR Pass

Japan Rail Pass eligibility

The Japan Rail Pass is primarily a special offer for foreign tourists.
Please be sure to check your eligibility before you making your purchase.
Please make sure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements, without any exceptions or you will be unable exchange and use the Japan Rail Pass once in Japan.

Who is eligible to use the Japan Rail Pass?

Non-Japanese passport holders

You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing, under the entry status of “temporary visitor”, up to 90 days stay with the Tourist Visa.

* Please click HERE (official JR site), to find out more details about eligibility.
* If you are unsure, please contact us. We will be happy to answer for you.

Japanese Passport Holders

Eligibility Requirements will be in effect from June 1, 2017


You must provide evidence you are legally living in a foreign country for 10 or more consecutive years.


Acceptable Written Proof公的書類

You can purchase a JAPAN RAIL PASS Exchange Order only if you can present written proof of one of the items described in the below 1 to 3.
上記(1)~(3)のいずれか1つの確認書類を提示いただけない場合は、引換証のお買い求め及 びパスへの引換はできません。

  1. Copy of your Overseas Residential Registration issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to an Overseas Residential Registration with a date of acceptance at least 10 years earlier)
    在外公館が交付する「在留届の写し」(在留届の受付日付が 10 年以上前のものに限る。)
  2. Certificate of Overseas Residence issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to a Certificate of Overseas Residence with a date at least 10 years earlier as the date on which your address (or place of temporary residence) was established as your present address)
    在外公館が発行する「在留証明」(「現住所に住所(または居所)を定めた年月日」と して、10 年以上前の年月が記載されたものに限る。)
  3. As a special case limited to the USA, Brazil, and Canada, the Permanent Resident Card issued by these 3 countries can be used as written proof until further notice (limited to a Permanent Resident Card confirming your stay in the relevant country for 10 years or more).
    当面の間、特例として、「アメリカ、ブラジル、カナダに限り、在留国が発行す る永住カード(当該国に 10 年以上在留していることが記載されたものに限る。)」も確認 書類として利用できます。

Please note, the issue date on the written proof MUST be dated “BEFORE” your purchase date. 必ず在留届写しの交付を受けてからJR PASSをお申込み下さい。 (在留届写しの交付日は、JR PASS”購入日”より前でないと日本での引換えが出来ません。ご注意下さい。

For more information, please click here.
Japanese(日本語) English (英語)